This user has not written any reviews.
- Friday, October 31, 2008 - 19:39In writing this article, I had to think long and hard about what inspirational actually means. To me, something is inspiring if it makes me want to go on and push myself as hard and as far as that person before me. We all find different things motivational, but for me, it’s difficult to look outside the world of sport. Here, then, are my seven most inspirational sporting moments of all time! (I’ve included a couple of classic sporting movies; if you’ve not seen these films, be mindful of some pretty major spoilers.)
- Friday, October 10, 2008 - 17:20Take a look around you. Pick up a newspaper, turn on the television, and listen to the radio. The world is in trouble. Stock markets are collapsing. Global currency markets are the most volatile they’ve been in years. Food prices are through the roof. Is it the end of the world as we know it?
- Monday, September 29, 2008 - 18:50In my previous blog post, Five Sports To Watch – And Play – This Fall, I wrote briefly about two pretty wacky events that you might want to try: Zorbing, and Wingsuit Flying. Zorbing – which is also known as globe-riding – involves participants, called zorbonauts, rolling down half-mile long hills at speeds of 25-30mph while strapped inside large transparent balls.
- Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 17:40With the spectacle and excitement of the Beijing Olympics now fully behind us, what sports can we look forward to recapturing some of that entertainment this fall? Here are five you should be looking out for – three on television, and two that you might want to consider trying yourself.
- Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 17:34While the marvelous advances made in technology over the past decade or so have given many people the opportunity to not only work from their homes, but theoretically from anywhere, there are times when each of us finds ourselves on the road, either for business or for pleasure.
- Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 19:26So, Michael Phelps, fresh off of his record-haul of eight gold medals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, has signed a deal with Kellogg’s to appear on boxes of Frosted Flakes.
- Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 17:45
- Wednesday, July 9, 2008 - 21:00As an experienced strength trainer, one of the biggest mistakes I see new members make is working out for too long, too often. Arnold Schwarzenegger’s two-hour, twice-daily workouts back in the 1970s are the stuff of legend, but times have changed.
- Monday, June 23, 2008 - 23:36Losing weight can be frustrating. Many diets require serious changes to your lifestyle, and can be expensive or socially prohibitive. Here are 8 easy and inexpensive changes you can make to your diet that don't require any radical adjustments to your life. Many of these are well-known, but it’s amazing how easy it is to overlook something that is so simple and beneficial.
- Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 12:21Relationships end for a reason, and it isn't always pretty. Often, that reason is so powerful that the entire relationship is destroyed, but if possible, wouldn't you prefer to maintain a healthy relationship with someone you've spent so much time and energy getting to know?
How to Ask People Out, Be Turned Down and Keep Coming Back For More (How To Handle Rejection, Part Two)Monday, June 9, 2008 - 18:01(This is a follow-up article to my post Turn Rejection Into Success, Part One.) “Throughout our courtship, Kenny told me that he had proof that Saddam Hussein was a threat because he possessed weapons of mass destruction. I told him, 'You had me at weapons.'” – Renee Zellweger
- Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 08:54Image Source: miichelomar “I take rejection as someone blowing a bugle in my ear to wake me up and get going, rather than retreat.” – Sylvester Stallone
- Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 18:29What do women want? No, really – I’m asking. Because I just don’t know. I don’t think any man knows. And here’s why – I don’t think women know, either.
- Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 00:07“When angry, count to four. When very angry, swear.” – Mark Twain
- Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 19:17For my sins, I have the immeasurable fortune of being a licensed door supervisor. A couple of years back, this was known as being a doorman. Back in the more heady 80s, and before, people like me were known as 'bouncers'.
- Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 00:45You selfish son of a bitch. Yeah, you. What, you think we didn't notice? You're ruining the gym for everybody else. Why? Because you're an asshole.
No discussions available.
- That's quite a broad... posted on May 15, 2008 in response to the question how do i edit a blog
- Of course part of the... posted on May 14, 2008 in response to the blog 33 Ways You Can Improve The Gym Experience... For Everybody Else
- "A wee hostile..." Yeah, I... posted on May 13, 2008 in response to the blog 33 Ways You Can Improve The Gym Experience... For Everybody Else
- I think this, while a fun... posted on May 13, 2008 in response to the blog The Real Reason Why You Are Overweight
- Dad, is that you?... posted on May 13, 2008 in response to the confession I've cheated on every woman in my life
This user has no favorite members.