I grew up here in sunny southern California, but I’m relatively new as a first generation American. After surviving the Holocaust my family escaped the communist bloc under fire to come to the land of freedom.
I love my family and I’m so proud of each of them... My grandfather worked two jobs while designing fashion accessories late at night. He had his first patent before he could speak English. My mother is an artist who designed the wardrobe for five TV shows. My dad is a passionate blogger and and my brother is a rockstar about to burst on the country scene. I could go on for days about each of them.
As for me, I was obsessed with all things media and (ironically) I left LA to go to film school in Chicago. There were hundreds of passionate film students around me and for some reason I was not energized. Then it hit me... "I don't want to make movies. I want my life to be a movie!" I wanted a life filled with impact, meaning, adventure. I wanted to save the world and get the girl (all with a great sound track playing constantly in the background). But...all that went to the way side when I discovered the ultimate medium, of all time...
The World Wide Web – words, sound, video, interaction... at all places, at all times. Whoa. The sheer potential of the Web captured my soul, and like a true dork, I spent hours surfing the Web, more and more fascinated with each click. I barely spent time in class, focusing all my time on starting a magazine and a web company. During the summer I created web pages for several US Senators (their staff had no idea how to do it) and I went to DC to start a new company.
We did so well that we had enough revenue to start a second company – a shared office for entrepreneurs of the digital world. We truly believed in community and practiced it everyday, collaborating and cross-pollinating our ideas. The mayor recognized all we did for the city and proclaimed an official day after our company! I loved helping each business so much that I decided to become a coach. I went to Georgetown University’s leadership coaching program and when I graduated I knew it was my calling.
And yet, could I throw away a decade worth of web knowledge? Or could I combine the two? That was when I met the founders of PeopleJam. And now, two years later, we are launching the world’s first real community around improving our lives.
Through my goals, stories and advice here on PeopleJam I am returning to that dream of living life as a movie, each day living life with meaning, adventure and and great conversations. You will see me here exploring the world of health in the LIVE channel, the trials and tribulations of dating in the LOVE channel, my ongoing questions of faith in BELIEVE, and sharing all the lessons I’ve learned in business in EARN. As for the PLAY channel? That’s where I could use some major help!
So come join me here at PeopleJam! Let’s play. You do realize you are part of this story, right?
- Monday, January 14, 2008 - 19:42I was dating M at the end of last year and we agreed to simply be present in the moment and not defi
- Monday, November 19, 2007 - 23:23I must do this because I know if I can accomplish this I can do anything. I would like to hear from
- Monday, November 12, 2007 - 17:39Try walking around with your chest jutted forward, and shoulders back. It may feel awkward at first
- Wednesday, November 7, 2007 - 19:56I want this because I would really like to meet more women and overcome my shyness. Many people are
- Tuesday, November 6, 2007 - 00:41I'm really not a runner. I'm more a biker and a yogi. But when my friend was struggling in the last
- Friday, October 12, 2007 - 20:07I’ve been hesitant to post this goal for fear of not being taken seriously, but essentially... I w
- Monday, October 8, 2007 - 21:49I went sliding into the weekend, like rolling your car into the garage in neutral cause the gas tank
- Thursday, October 4, 2007 - 23:15Okay, at the risk of being gross I'm sharing this story. I mentioned that I'm looking into actually
- Wednesday, October 3, 2007 - 19:18Having been a web entrepreneur for so long, I typically get one of two questions. The first is why i
- Friday, September 28, 2007 - 20:57So I've been having a problem that women keep telling me they'd kill for, but still it's a problem (
- Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 22:25Ever get your dream, and then you want something else? When I was kid, my uncle got one of the f
- Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 22:16A friend of mine had been dying to set me up with her friend for months. Finally we went out on a Sa
- Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 01:03I have been experimenting with rules around food combining that I learned at the Tony Robbins event.
- Monday, September 10, 2007 - 22:09Tell the person that you'd like to have a conversation about the relationship. And create a time and
- Thursday, September 6, 2007 - 23:59This week has been amazing because I've done something physical every single day. On Monday (Labor D
- Wednesday, September 5, 2007 - 22:40Try not eat proteins (fish, chicken, eggs, beef, etc) with complex carbohydrates (rice, potatoes, br
- Friday, August 17, 2007 - 01:56"It's an aerobic class, but with stationary bikes," he said. What? How good could that be? Sounds
- Thursday, August 9, 2007 - 22:57At one point I had some real love handles. The rest of my body seemed to be in shape, except for the
- Wednesday, August 8, 2007 - 22:41I remember my first obsessive hobby. It was RC cars. Not the kind you'd buy at the toy store. It was
- Friday, August 3, 2007 - 19:17Rather than the boring potential time suck of dinners and coffee, think about the things that you wa
- Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 23:52One of my favorite experiences is life was creating a magazine completely from scratch. I was at Nor
- Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 22:36I consider myself a man of faith. However there are certain moments in my life when I have felt so c
- Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 22:20I love playing soccer. I can take my mind off everything except that ball. If I do this then I can g
- Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 22:17I have always felt called to help the homeless, but I have not enjoyed the work. I want to give my t
- Monday, July 16, 2007 - 22:17New_cellfood Cell Food Cell food is an oxygen + nutrient supplement that's been around fo
- Monday, July 16, 2007 - 22:01Get a bunch of magazines you like and use scissors to cut out words and images that speak to you. Th
- Monday, July 16, 2007 - 14:57The best way to do this is follow these two rules. Imagine you were to work on this full time for ov
- Monday, July 16, 2007 - 14:48I was surprised that my friend Sarah was the one taking me to the class. Only a few years ago I was
- Monday, July 16, 2007 - 14:46The benefits are unexplainable, but for some reason if you do this before you go to sleep, you will
- Monday, July 16, 2007 - 14:42Story: How I experience God The Story I was really religious as a kid, even though my parents
- Hey pam, hang in there, and... posted on Apr 21, 2008 in response to the blog Oh, To Be A Loose End
- Enzymes... posted on Feb 6, 2008 in response to the blog Weight Loss Hunger
- Know what business you're in... posted on Dec 17, 2007 in response to the blog Earn extra money while wife is on maternity leave via a cafepress store
- A solution... posted on Dec 4, 2007 in response to the blog She is amazing and everything checks out--BUT
- These guys are such ballers,... posted on Dec 4, 2007 in response to the video NBA Star Greg Oden: Keeping it Real
- like it, but... posted on Dec 4, 2007 in response to the video NBA All-Star Shawn Marion: Being a Team Player
- number two at 3's... posted on Dec 4, 2007 in response to the video NBA All-Star Ray Allen: Being a Champion
- chicken soup for the NBA All-star soul... posted on Dec 4, 2007 in response to the video NBA All-Star Vince Carter: Being a Champion
- the five simple rules... posted on Dec 3, 2007 in response to the blog 5 Essential Parts of a Committed, Long-term, Primary Relationship
- the difference between failing in business and love... posted on Dec 3, 2007 in response to the blog In love, what = Banged up/Damaged goods?