As Community Manager and writer for PeopleJam, it's great to be around people that care about helping others.
At my core, I'm an adventurer; I believe in wild, crazy parties and in celebrating silence. I believe that people are generally good and that the act of forgiving is the highest virtue there is. I moved around a lot as a kid, probably too much, and so I'm used to starting over, I'm used to "change" as the most organic constant that one may expect from life. I believe that pain is a given, but that suffering is a choice because there's a paper-thin line between perception and reality.
My favorite thing to do is to travel like a vagabond because of all the visceral experiences that arise. I find that when the plan is "no plan," life really kicks into gear with tears of joy or with tears of intense frustration. Either way, the experience is both thrilling and priceless when it's filled with odd characters and situations that are authentic and heartfelt. Other extreme interests include: literature, theater and the arts, philanthropy, martial arts, philosophy and metaphysics, jumping off high structures, and cosmopolitan world views.
I'm interested in connecting with actors, writers, painters, and film-makers, people actively seeking social reform, those who speak other languages, financial experts, theologists, people who could use some hope, herbalists, beauty and food experts, Joseph Campbell fans, Paulo Coelho and Khalil Gibrain groupies, Noam Chomsky fans, revolutionaries, boxers, professors, people who like to run and sweat, or dance and sweat, skaters, adrenaline junkies, progressive-music d.j.s, and anyone that has any practical information that would make my life more pleasant.
- Monday, February 4, 2008 - 12:54It happens everyday. You hear it in the news: Good people, good kids whose lives have been cut sho
- Monday, January 28, 2008 - 15:50The LAX gun-range is by LAX Airport, which I found a little strange. My girlfriend and I were accom
- Monday, January 21, 2008 - 19:25I met this guy that I fell for instantly. We were inseparable, joined at the hip and the mind. We we
- Wednesday, January 9, 2008 - 19:50The National Sleep Foundation recommends consuming no more than 240mg of caffeine/day, be sure to cu
- Friday, December 14, 2007 - 21:04It started out small, I'd use it only when I needed to get by, when I didn't have an option. I told
- Monday, November 26, 2007 - 11:14Just smile, that's it! Simply reconnect with the child inside yourself that got off on your favorite
- Sunday, November 4, 2007 - 16:53I want to commit myself to something meaningful and profound. There's a hole inside. For years, I'
- Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 20:221. Prunes 2. Raisins 3. Blueberries 4. Blackberries 5. Kale 6. Strawberries 7. Spinach 8. Ras
- Monday, October 22, 2007 - 20:26It boggles my mind a bit whenever I meet someone who is struggling to gain weight. I have a best fr
- Monday, October 22, 2007 - 19:44My father and I were talking the other day about how the property taxes on our home keeps rising each year. He lives in NY and I know that property taxes vary from state to state. Also, I think California is the only state where property taxes are permanently pegged to the amount you paid for your home. Anyway, if you live in a state where your tax bill is steadily rising, do something about it: Appeal your taxes on several grounds. 1. Errors in the property report. 2. Other homes in your neighborhood are paying less than you are. 3.
- Friday, October 12, 2007 - 22:03My last, big relationship was emotionally and psychologically abusive. I called it quits when it be
- Thursday, October 4, 2007 - 08:22Earlier this year, I was going through a very bad split. It must have been written all over my face
- Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 20:09lease a car. Buy your own car. Unless you're filthy rich or well off, buy a used car rather th
- Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 20:25Making money means investing your savings in order to create more wealth. Open a brokerage account
- Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 20:051. Eat well, exercise regularly, and get enough sleep. 2. Plan and prioritize. Decide what needs
- Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 19:49Stress is the body's response to pressure, tension, and change. Slight stress sharpens your senses
- Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 19:27Visualization- to form a mental image of, envision, fantasize about, conjure up. Realize- to become
- Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 18:53Bhava Ram (co-founder of Deep Yoga™, a yogic system based upon Vedic scriptures) says that, "the inh
- Monday, September 10, 2007 - 20:20I've been feeling sluggish lately. I want to feel limber, agile, and full of vigor again. I want t
- Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 00:06I keep meeting creative, hard-working, and self-driven women with first drafts or genius book-ideas
- Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 22:09Last night, during my meditation class, the teacher told a wonderful little allegory that went a lit
- Thursday, August 9, 2007 - 20:49I've moved around all my life; from Africa when I was 6years old, then every two years around the Ea
- Thursday, August 9, 2007 - 20:27We all know that life is tough and that pain and suffering are inevitable. What we do when those un
- Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 23:17My parents probably should have separated a long time ago. My mom says that she stuck it out for th
- Sunday, July 29, 2007 - 19:40The above is a quote that has governed my life ever since my days at college. I had changed my majo
- Friday, July 20, 2007 - 00:01I gotta get new head-shots once again. I want to look my best and not feel as though I've disappoin
- Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 18:41I feel like I'm not operating at my full potential. I'm getting there and yeah, yeah, the journey i
- Monday, July 16, 2007 - 22:35The best way to do this is to consider the word, "integrity" in light of its cognates and their defi
- Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 19:59Purchase a journal that inspires you to write in it. Take your time choosing the journal. Feel pro
- Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 19:52Let's say you're in Italy and you're getting even slightly harassed by an over-effusive man, just sm
- Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 19:40The best way to do this is to keep the holy spirit between you at all times! Just kidding. No seri
- Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 19:26Kids always want to learn a new game to play. The more excited you are about playing, the more exci
- Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 19:10Call your local church, school, hospital, orphanage, shelters, etc. There are many children that wi
- Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 19:00These days, credit card companies set up shop on college campuses hoping to get customers who will b
- Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 18:47For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of mu
- Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 18:09I've kept journals since I was able to write. I've traveled a lot and have done a lot of soul searc
- Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 17:59My cat Cybele is the prettiest, friendliest, princess you’ll ever have the pleasure of meeting. Sh
- Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 17:41Apply Vitamin E to the area under your eye. You could open up a Vitamin E capsule, and apply a littl
- Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 17:26Read labels. Get informed. A lot of people don't realize that certain fruits are incredibly high i
- Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 17:16The secret to losing weight is not to eat less, but simply to eat more sensible meals. The best way
- Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 17:05If you think of your activity as exercising, it probably won't excite you nor motivate you to break
- Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 19:53Sages have said that one's outer reality is a reflection of their inner reality. Well, I'm tired of
- "Idealist," "Generous soul,"... posted on Oct 20, 2008 in response to the blog What Kind Of Person Are You…If You Believe in Republican Economic Policy?
- Did this book give any... posted on Oct 20, 2008 in response to the review You Can't Make Me, (But I Can Be Persuaded)
- Removing negative people... posted on Oct 20, 2008 in response to the review You Can't Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought...
- So many men have are at a... posted on Oct 20, 2008 in response to the review Laugh, Cry, Change your life
- Did this book help in... posted on Oct 17, 2008 in response to the review Yes, I am a Barbara Sher fan...
- Great review!... posted on Oct 16, 2008 in response to the review Layman's language
- No offense, but I've heard... posted on Oct 16, 2008 in response to the review The most amazing breakthroughs you'll ever have
- Don't you have to divorce... posted on Oct 16, 2008 in response to the review I live by the Four Agreements
- Why did you pick up the... posted on Oct 16, 2008 in response to the review Intellectual book for the intellectual type
- Impressive! How much weight... posted on Oct 16, 2008 in response to the review Struggling Animal Lovers: Look no Further to Learn to be Vegan