Frequently Asked Questions About "Evolution of Dance 2"
What is EOD about? What's with the Orange Crush shirt? Who sang that song? Judson Laipply answers these and other questions about "Evolution of Dance 2":
1. Where was EOD2 filmed?
"It was filmed on 3 different college campuses: Ohio Dominican, Kansas State, and Hiram, with the actual video coming from the Hiram filming."
2. I've heard you mention that you filmed using multiple cameras, but opted for one instead...what was the exact process?
"I did film it with several cameras, each time trying to find the one that looked the best. When it was all said and done, it was best to just have one camera from a straight-on shot."
3. What songs were in the video? Where can I get the music?
The complete music/song list is at: http://www.peoplejam.com/eod2/songlist/
4. Did you choose the songs, then make the dance? Or did you have to make the dance around what songs you could secure?
"I made the dance around the songs that I could secure. For the first two filmings I was waiting on a few songs but filmed anyway, only to find out I did not get the rights. For the last filming I made sure I had every song right, and then mixed the final track and made the dance."
5. How did you come up with the idea for "Evolution of Dance" in the first place? What it is about? What should people take from it/learn from it?
Check out Judson's blog post for the story behind "Evolution of Dance": The Inspiration for "Evolution of Dance"
6. What is your favorite song/dance portion of EOD2?
"I am going to have to go with "London Bridge" by Fergie, only because I think it is such a great shock to see me do that bend!"
7. Is this what you dreamt of doing when you were young?
"I did dream of being a speaker, but not of being an Internet celebrity! I think that the greatest thing to come of all this is that I have been able to continue to speak and reach more people."
8. What's the deal with the Orange Crush shirt?
"Really, it was more just chance. When I first went to put the video online, I looked for the cleanest, clearest video I had. I just happened to be wearing the Crush shirt in that one. For the second one, I figured, why change a good thing? Plus this would allow people to know it was actually me!"
9. What are you planning to do next?
"I do have a book coming out and it is available at the site www.mightaswelldance.com. I have several more books I want to write and I will continue to speak and entertain as much as possible."
10. When are your next speaking engagements? Are they open to the public?
"Most of my speaking is at private functions, unless it happens to be on a college campus -- sometimes those are open to the public."
11. Will there be an "Evolution of Dance 3"?
"We'll see! I would like to do one with a partner and start way back in the roaring '20s and do some of the dances that require a partner."
12. What are your upcoming press/television events?
January 27, 2009 in Chicago:
- WLS-TV (ABC): morning segment, 6:07 am Central time
- WGN-TV (CW): midday segment, 12:00 pm Central time
13. Where can we learn more about you?