Do You Have A Mind That Never Stops?
Are you plagued with a mind that never rests? If you have trouble sleeping at night, difficulty finishing what you’ve started, and trouble making decisions, learn why having a quiet mind brings peace and clarity and is the foundation for a life that works.
1. Without down time, the mind never rests. Everything needs rest!
- Sleeping allows the mind to rest. Everything needs to shut down for awhile in order to re-generate.
- A frantic mind is what causes stress. You can bear stressful times in your life if you have a good mind.
- The natural state of the mind is quiet. We have abused our mindsby not honoring that state and setting time aside to stop the franticness.
2. A frantic mind misses opportunities and pushes them away.
- If a good opportunity comes your way, and your mind is going a mile a minute, that opportunity will wiz right by you.
- When opportunities come, you need a quiet place for them to alight, to rest. A frantic mind actually pushes them away.
- Multi-tasking creates more stress and makes the mind more frantic. Do one thing at a time and complete it.
3. It is the nature of the mind to have thoughts. To the mind, all thoughts are the same.
- We mistakenly identify with our thoughts and think that’s who we are. But to the mind, all thoughts are the same.
- Everything has nature. A leopard has spots, water is wet and the mind has thoughts.
- The thoughts that make our ego feel good, we pull towards us, and the ones that make our ego feel bad, we push away. This push and pull is what makes the mind frantic.
4. Truth comes through the mind, not from the mind.
- The mind is the vehicle for truth, not the source.
- The source of truth is the universe, spirit, God, whatever you want to call consciousness.
- You can only know the truth when the mind is quiet.
5. Meditation quiets the mind and opens the heart.
- When the mind is quiet, the heart opens. Only with an open heartcan you KNOW the truth.
- Spend 10 minutes a day to sit quietly with no music, no TV, no noise.
- Meditation is a way you honor your Self, honor your own divinity.
© 2009 by Chandra Alexander and Coaching for Authenticity, Inc. All Rights Reserved.